MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistorical map showing the boundaries of Haldimand and Welland Counties, which are situated between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Town boundaries within each county are indicated and labelled. Names of some of the towns have been handwritten in rather than typewritten. The locations of various waterways such as the Niagara River and Grand River are shown, as well as a railroad, however none are labelled.
Scale: No scale shown.
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-21910. Original map size 18 x 23 1/2 inches.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of the County of Lincoln fondsCameron, Chantal (2018-09-27)Fonds contains material about the activities of the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of the County of Lincoln. This includes material about the management of Alexandra Hall, a boarding house for young women in St. Catharines that the WCTU was involved in operating. Most of the material consists of minute books. Loose papers from the minute books were removed and filed separately. These materials include programmes, directories, correspondence, news clippings, an annual report, and handwritten notes.
Esther Summers Niagara militia collection,Carl, Sharon (2011-12-23)Collection of militia lists, company rolls, lists of officers, pay lists, orders, account/letter book, etc., of militia in the Niagara Region ca. 1790-1859. Bulk of materials are from 1837-1838. Includes a list of customers, James Macklem’s store, Chippawa, 1815-1816, transcribed in the Welland Telegraph, Feb. 4, 1916. Collected by Esther Summers. All are photocopies of originals.
Welland County Records, 1961-1989Cameron, Chantal (2012-03-26)The records include material on the Welland County Fair, the Welland Festival of Arts, the Welland Optimist Club, the Welland County Hospital Campaign, the last session of the Council of the County of Welland and the unveiling of a historic plaque at Welland Mills. The bulk of the collection is correspondence and media releases. This archive is part of the larger Ontario Editorial Bureau fonds (OEB) housed at Brock University.