Show simple item record

dc.contributorSir Richard Henry Bonnycastle, 1791-1847
dc.contributorThomas George William Eaststaff, 1772-1854
dc.date.accessioned2016-06-14T13:37:47Z
dc.date.accessioned2016-10-06T16:20:17Z
dc.date.available2016-06-14T13:37:47Z
dc.date.available2016-10-06T16:20:17Z
dc.date.created2016-06-14T13:37:47Z
dc.date.issued1835
dc.identifierNMC-14283
dc.identifierG 3464 N55 1835 B66
dc.identifier.govdocNMC-14283
dc.identifier.otherG 3464 N55 1835 B66
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/10499
dc.description.abstractHistoric map of the “Military Reserve at Niagara shewing the mode in which it is proposed to let the Ordnance premises now occupied by the establishment.” The map shows a section of the Town of Niagara (Niagara-on-the-Lake) at the cross streets Queen and King. Military buildings such as Navy Hall, artillery barrack’s and officers’ quarters are shown, as are military forts such as Fort George and Fort Mississagua (sic). The land is divided into lots, some of which are labelled. Land grants are indicated: “Granted to Catholic Church” and “Granted to English Church”. Also of note are land occupancies: Niagara Harbour and Dock Company, and J. Crook's. A large section of land, divided into unlabeled lots has a written title: “Reserve – This part of the Reserve was laid out in Lots in 1796 by Lieut. Pilkington. R.E.” and “This uncleared part Chiefly Young Oak”. Handwritten text on the map reads as follows: “To accompany the Report of the Commanding Royal Engineer to His Excellency the Lieut. Governor of Upper Canada on the subjects of the Military Reserve dated 10th July 1836. Copy of a Plan sent with the Respective Officers Letter to Wm. Byham of 14th December 1835.”
dc.description.abstractAuthorship indicated: Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle, Thomas George William Eaststaff.
dc.description.abstractScale: 300 feet to 1 inch ; [ca. 1:5,375]
dc.description.abstractDigital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-14283
dc.description.abstractBlack and white paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3464 N55 1835 B66
dc.description.abstractGeoreferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
dc.format.extent32 x 78 cm.
dc.publisherToronto
dc.rightsNo restrictions. Recommended attribution: Digital map reproduction provided by: Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library
dc.subjectCanada
dc.subjectOntario
dc.subjectNiagara
dc.subjectTown of Niagara
dc.subjectNiagara-on-the-Lake
dc.subjectFort George
dc.subjectHistorical
dc.subjectmap
dc.subjectplan
dc.subjectmilitary reserve
dc.titleSketch of the Military Reserve at Niagara, 1835
dc.typemap
dc.coverage.boxnorthlimit=43.269443; westlimit=-79.098448; southlimit=43.236168; eastlimit=-79.045955


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record