Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAdams, Anne
dc.date.accessioned2016-05-19T19:45:14Z
dc.date.available2016-05-19T19:45:14Z
dc.date.issued2016-05-19
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/9322
dc.descriptionEdward S. Rogers and his brother Elsworth founded Standard Radio Manufacturing in 1925.In 1927, Rogers obtained an experimental license for 9RB which was the world’s first broadcasting system operating from power lines without batteries. 9RB became CFRB. The RB stands for Rogers Batteryless. The name which had changed to Rogers Vacuum Tube Company in 1925, later became Rogers Majestic Corporation. In 1941, it was renamed Standard Radio. The Argus Corporation purchased the company in 1945 and the name changed to Standard Broadcasting. In 1961, Standard purchased CJAD-Am, Montreal and in 1962, CJFM-FM of Montreal was launched. In 1980, the CRTC approved the purchase of CKTB-AM and CJQR-AM, St. Catharines. Argus was acquired by Conrad Black and his brother Montague who sold it to J. Allan Slaight in 1985 when the company was merged into Slaight Broadcasting.en_US
dc.description.abstract15 cm. (1/2 box) containing correspondence and promotional material, 11 b&w photos, 4 b&w contact sheetsen_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseriesRG;75-56
dc.subjectStandard Broadcasting -- radio -- CKTB -- CJAR-FM -- St. Catharines -- Mary Burgoyne -- Henry Burgoyne -- Mac Chown -- Harold Nashen_US
dc.titleStandard Broadcasting Corporation Fonds, 1980-1984, n.d.en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.

Show simple item record