Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAdams, Anne
dc.date.accessioned2016-01-26T20:34:24Z
dc.date.available2016-01-26T20:34:24Z
dc.date.issued2016
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/8159
dc.descriptionThe Interlake Tissue Mills storage location was at the intersection of Glendale and Merritt Street in Merritton. In the 1850s, the Beaver Cotton Mills (later Merritton Cotton Mills) was built. It was a frame building that burned down in 1881. A sandstone structure replaced the previous building. In 1906, the cotton mill closed and in 1912, the Independent Rubber Company took over the building. The mill was doubled in size. The rubber company remained there for ten years and then the building remained vacant until 1935. Interlake Tissue Mills acquired the building for storage purposes. A fire razed the larger of the plant’s buildings on Memorial Day weekend in 1961. After the fire, Domtar used the smaller building for storage for a short time. This is currently the site of the Keg Restaurant.en_US
dc.description.abstract5 coloured slidesen_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseriesRG;553
dc.subjectInterlake Tissue Mills -- Fire -- 1961 -- Merritton, Ontarioen_US
dc.titleInterlake Tissue Mills Fire Slidesen_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.

Show simple item record