Sketch of the ship "Jane C. Woodruff"
A black and white copy of a sketch of the ship "Jane C. Woodruff". This appears to have been in a scrapbook. There is a slight tear which affects the picture slightly. [The Jane C. Woodruff was a barquentine ship built in St. Catharines in 1866 by Lewis Shikeluna. The ship belonged to John Battle who was an associate of Samuel D. Woodruff. She was named in honour of Samuel and his wife, Jane Caroline. She originated as a square timber trade boat before being converted into a 3 masted schooner. She collided with the "Mary Battle" in a snow squall in Georgian Bay. The ship passed out of existence in 1902].