The Columbian, 29 July 1813 (vol. IV, no. 1144)
The "Columbian" was established by Mr. Holt in 1808 as an "organ of the Clintonians" (Journalism in the United States, from 1690-1872 By Frederic Hudson) and a replacement to the "Citizen". It was a passionate Democratic paper that supported both Jefferson and Madison. Holt later sold the "Columbian" to Alden Spooner, who published the Long Island "Star". The Columbian ceased in 1821.Contains an article about the Battle of Beaver Dams, taken from the Buffalo Gazette of July 20.