Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAdams, Anne
dc.date.accessioned2012-11-07T20:10:24Z
dc.date.available2012-11-07T20:10:24Z
dc.date.issued2012-11-07
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/4141
dc.description4 Minute Books dated: 1880, 1892, 1901, 1934, 1948-1950, 1952-1953, 1955, 1958, 1962 – 1975, 1981, 1984, 1986; 3 Common stock books dated: 1934-1935, 1937-1941, 1946, 1948-1950, 1955-1956, 1958, 1961-1974, 1981 and 2 Class A stock books dated:1948 - 1951en_US
dc.description.abstractMinute books and Stock books from Barnes Wines Limited. In 1873 George Barnes, Andrew Skinner, James Skinner, John Young Reid, Charles Robert Murray, George Magan, Thomas Barnes and Robert Duncan applied for, and received a charter for a commercial winery which would be called The Ontario Grape Growing and Wine Manufacturing Company Limited. It opened in 1894 and became known as Barnes Wines Limited. In 1973 the company completed a merger with Reckitt and Coleman (Canada) Limited. The winery operated until 1988 and was located on the banks of the old Welland Canal in St. Catharines, Ontario. The company produced a complete line of table wines, dessert wines, sherries, ports, and both crackling and sparkling wines.en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseriesRG;427
dc.subjectBarnes Wines -- wineries -- Niagara Peninsulaen_US
dc.titleBarnes Wines Fondsen_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record