Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorAdams, Anne
dc.date.accessioned2012-04-30T14:09:35Z
dc.date.available2012-04-30T14:09:35Z
dc.date.issued2012-04-30
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/3999
dc.descriptionGovan was an ancient settlement, former burgh and now a district in Glasgow, Scotland. It is situated 2.5 miles west of Glasgow City Centre, on the south bank of the River Clyde, opposite the mouth of the River Kelvin and the district of Patrick. Archaeological evidence shows that there was a church and burial ground here as early as 600-800 AD. Numerous carved tombstones dating from 900- 1100 have been found. Govan was a village comprised of thatched cottages until well into the 19th century. It became a shipbuilding town in the early 19th century.en_US
dc.description.abstractA one-sided notorial transumpt by the notary David Burustone, recording the succession of George, son of Patrick Colquhoun of Glenn, to the office of clerk of the parish of Govan, vacant through the death of Adam Harper.en_US
dc.language.isootheren_US
dc.relation.ispartofseriesRG;393
dc.subjectScottish -- History -- Govanen_US
dc.titleA Notorial Transumpt, 1497en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record