Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorCameron, Chantal
dc.date.accessioned2012-02-08T15:55:37Z
dc.date.available2012-02-08T15:55:37Z
dc.date.issued2012-02-08
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/3912
dc.descriptionThe Electrical Development Company of Ontario was created in 1903. It was one of three private power companies that had water power leases with the Niagara Parks Commission, but was the only one that was financed with Canadian capital. The company built the Toronto Power Generating Station at Niagara Falls beginning in 1906, and the power house was completed in 1913. During the construction, there was much debate about whether the utility should remain privately operated or become a public utility. In 1920, the company became part of the public utility.en_US
dc.description.abstractA blank certificate of stock ownerhsip in the Electrical Development Company of Ontario, ca. 1910.en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 376
dc.subjectElectrical Development Company of Ontario, Limited.en_US
dc.subjectHydroelectric power plants--Ontario--Niagara Falls.en_US
dc.titleElectrical Development Company of Ontario certificate of stock ownership, ca. 1910.en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record