Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorWilliams, Edie
dc.date.accessioned2010-09-15T19:51:05Z
dc.date.available2010-09-15T19:51:05Z
dc.date.issued2010-09-15
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/2990
dc.descriptionIn 1846 Levy Clendennan, a school master sold part of lot 18, sixth concession (one and three-quarter acre) to James Rae Benson, a merchant. The land was situated at the corner of James and Academy (now Church St.) streets. The existing Clendennan-Benson home would later be repurposed to serve as the location for the first city hall for the city of St. Catharines, Ont. The home was demolished in the 1920s when the city outgrew this location. Today the current city hall, facing Church Street, occupies this location.en_US
dc.description.abstract6 p. of bargain and sale document. Instrument no. 2776en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 271
dc.subjectClendennan, Levyen_US
dc.subjectBenson, James Raeen_US
dc.subjectBargain and Saleen_US
dc.subjectSt. Catharinesen_US
dc.subjectCity Hallen_US
dc.titleClendennan to Benson Bargain and Sale, 1846 [photocopy]en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.

Show simple item record