Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorWilliams, Edie
dc.descriptionThe Buffalo and Brantford Railway Company was formed in 1850. The railway was renamed the Buffalo, Brantford & Goderich Railway in 1852 to reflect the plans to extend the line to Goderich. Financial problems led to a British group taking over the railway a few years later and the name was changed to the Buffalo & Lake Huron Railway. It was June 1858 before the line to Goderich was completed. Source: ( March 8, 2010en_US
dc.description.abstractFonds consists of one account book listing property owners along side the Buffalo, Brantford & Goderich Railway in Welland County. Also included are two survey plans of the railway showing property owners. The account book was featured as “Exhibit A” in The Corporation of The County of Welland v. The Buffalo and Lake Huron Railway Company et al., October 28, 1869.en_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 213
dc.subjectRailroad Companies Ontarioen_US
dc.subjectRailroads Buffaloen_US
dc.subjectRailroads Welland Countyen_US
dc.subjectWelland Countyen_US
dc.titleBuffalo, Brantford & Goderich Railway, County of Welland account book, 1853en_US

Files in this item


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.

Show simple item record