Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Falls
Copp, Clark Co. Ltd., Lith, Toronto
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing the location of Queen Victoria Park in Niagara Falls. The park runs adjacent to the Niagara River beginning at The Clifton House and continues south past Dufferin Islands. Notations within the parkland indicate paths, playground and picnic ground areas, electric railway route, fountains and horse troughs. Table Rock is also noted within the mark adjacent to Horse Shoe Falls. The map also shows boundaries, streets, transportation routes, cultural and tourist features in Niagara Falls. The international boundary between the United States and Canada is shown by a dotted line running directly through the centre of the Niagara River. On the United States side of the river, islands and streets are shown. There are also textual notations providing information about the river rapids and the quantity of water passing over the falls as well as indications of the upper line breakers and the route of the Maid of the Mist. A notation on the map indicates this map was used by the “Superintendents Office, Niagara Falls Feb. 1896.”Authorship indicated: The Copp, Clark Co. Ltd. Lith. Toronto.Scale bar shown on map. Scale in feet.Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-4221.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.