Miles and Company, Toronto.
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map of St. Catharines showing the boundaries of the following wards: St. Patrick’s, St. James, St. Thomas’, St. Andrews, St. George’s, and St. Paul’s, from 1879. To the north the map ends at Carlton Street, and to the south it ends at a road allowance between Concessions 7 & 8. Routes of the First, Second and Third Welland Canal are shown as is the Welland Railway and the Great Western Railway. Dick’s Creek and Twelve Mile Creek are shown to the south. Concessions and lots are shown but not labelled or numbered. Most streets are labelled and some prominent buildings are indicated as well. Relief is shown with hachures.Below the map is a portion of textual information titled: “Statistics of the County of Brant” and “Statistics of the County of Wentworth.” Statistics provided are in relation to agricultural and dairy products, products of the forest, special products, population, acreage, land assessments and livestock. The statistics were provided by the County Clerk’s report of 1877 and the census of 1871.Maps on verso: County of Huron -- County of Haldimand, Ontario -- Map of the Village of Cayuga.Authorship indicated: Miles and Company, Toronto.Scale: [1:21,600]Map is from page 19 of the Atlas of the Province of Ontario by Counties. Digital reproduction. Paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3464 S35 1879 M55Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.