Show simple item record

dc.contributorFrancis Hall
dc.date.accessioned2016-07-08T19:19:22Z
dc.date.accessioned2016-10-06T16:37:11Z
dc.date.available2016-07-08T19:19:22Z
dc.date.available2016-10-06T16:37:11Z
dc.date.created2016-07-08T19:19:22Z
dc.date.issued1838
dc.identifierNMC-119584
dc.identifierG 3462 N53 1838 H355
dc.identifier.govdocNMC-119584
dc.identifier.otherG 3462 N53 1838 H355
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/10599
dc.description.abstractNote: Title used in accompanying material received with CD-ROM: [Map of the road running from Queenston to St. Davids and St. Catharines and through to Sixteen Mile Creek.]
dc.description.abstractHistoric map showing a section of the Queenston and Grimsby Road to Sixteen Mile Creek. The map shows a road as planned as well as the actual route via St. Davids and St. Catharines. Sections of the road are labelled with numbers. Distances and mile markers are noted, buildings are labelled with the owner’s names, and trees, creeks, bridges and culverts are indicated. Multiple taverns are also shown. The route of the Welland Canal is shown in St. Catharines. Niagara, St. Catharines, Grantham, and Louth townships are marked. Relief is shown by shading and landform drawings. Map bears the stamp: “Board of Works Official Document” and is signed: "Francis Hall Civil Engineer 23d Feby 1838".
dc.description.abstractOriented with north to the bottom.
dc.description.abstractAuthorship indicated: Francis Hall
dc.description.abstractScale: Copy 1 [ca. 1:11,904] Copy 2 [ca. 1:22,727]
dc.description.abstractDigital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-119584-1 to NMC-119584-4. Copy 1 is one map produced on 4 sheets that were originally 220 x 30 cm., sheets 29 x 66 cm. or smaller. Copy 1 reproduced from original image on the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005". Copy 2 is on 2 sheets. Black and white paper reproduction (reduced 50%) is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3462 N53 1838 H355.
dc.description.abstractGeoreferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
dc.description.abstractDescribed in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 772.
dc.formatScale [ca. 1:11,904]
dc.format.extent220 x 30 cm., sheets 29 x 66 cm. or smaller.
dc.rightsNo restrictions. Recommended attribution: Digital map reproduction provided by: Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library
dc.subjectCanada
dc.subjectOntario
dc.subjectNiagara
dc.subjectNiagara Peninsula
dc.subjectQueenston
dc.subjectSt. Davids
dc.subjectSt. Catharines
dc.subjectRoads
dc.titleMap of the road from Queenston to Sixteen Mile Creek
dc.typemap


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record