Show simple item record

dc.contributorElias Walker Durnford, 1774-1850.
dc.date.accessioned2016-07-08T19:12:21Z
dc.date.accessioned2016-10-06T16:35:33Z
dc.date.available2016-07-08T19:12:21Z
dc.date.available2016-10-06T16:35:33Z
dc.date.created2016-07-08T19:12:21Z
dc.date.issued[1827]
dc.identifierNMC-22146
dc.identifier.govdocNMC-22146
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/10587
dc.description.abstractHistoric map of a portion of land in Niagara featuring the “Short Hills” or “The Mountain” also known at that time as “Mount Niagara”. North is oriented to the right. The land is broken into portions and labelled with the owner’s name and the number of acres. Roads are shown but not labelled. A large section of relief, indicated with shading is labelled: “wood chiefly chestnut”. At the south of relief is Mount Niagara and 600 yards of forest and relief shown in shading, which leads to Mount Erie. Various other features are shown such as: buildings, farms, soil characteristics, forests and the types of trees they contain, businesses, mills, and a school-house. At the southern-most portion of the map is a cross road which has a few buildings and Rice’s Tavern. The road is labelled: “from Camboro 20 miles to Allanburgh 5 Miles, Falls 14 Miles.”
dc.description.abstractRight edge of the map is missing.
dc.description.abstractAuthorship indicated: Elias Walker Durnford.
dc.description.abstractScale: 400 feet to 1 inch ; 1:4,800
dc.description.abstractDigital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-22144. Map image in JPEG format.
dc.description.abstract"[1827]"--accompanying material received with CD-ROM and 'Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1876' / by Joan Winearls.
dc.description.abstractDigital image from the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map, Data and GIS Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.
dc.description.abstractGeoreferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
dc.description.abstractDescribed in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 736 (2)
dc.formatScale [1:5,280]. 1 in. to 440 ft.
dc.rightsNo restrictions. Recommended attribution: Digital map reproduction provided by: Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library
dc.subjectCanada
dc.subjectOntario
dc.subjectNiagara
dc.subjectShort Hills
dc.subjectFortification
dc.titlePlan no. 2. Plan of that part of the Short Hills, in the Niagara District called the "Mountain" showing the Lots or Grants of Land, quantity cultivated and remaining in forest, with the extent of the sectional lines but through the woods in levelling for Plan no. 3
dc.typemap


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record