A map of Port Colborne, the termination of the Welland Canal on Lake Erie
H. H. Killaly
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing the location where the Welland Canal reaches Lake Erie in Port Colborne. North is oriented to the top. The map shows the Village of Port Colborne with some buildings which are not labelled. The Welland Canal is shown cutting through the town. Where the canal meets Lake Erie there are two buildings, one is labelled as being a mill. Two proposed piers are shown in red and are labelled as the Eastern and Western Piers. The eastern proposed pier would include a light house. Beaches are shown running along Lake Erie. A notation below the title reads: “Copied by permission from a plan drawn by H. H. Killaly A.M. C. Engr.” Relief is shown with shading."Hamilton H. Killaly surveyed the canal with N.H. Baird for enlargement in 1837. The map is torn and a piece missing upon which there was information regarding authorship and date."--accompanying material received with CD-ROM."Hamilton H. Killaly surveyed the canal with N.H. Baird for enlargement in 1837. The map is torn and a piece missing upon which there was information regarding authorship and date."--accompanying material received with CD-ROM.Authorship indicated: Hamilton H. KillalyScale: 100 yards to 1 inch ; 1:3,600Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-11428. Original map size 59 x 549 cm. Black and white copy available in the Map, Data and GIS Library at Call Number: G 3464 P65 P55 1837 M37. Paper format reduced 200%. Reproduced from the CD-ROM entitled "Historical maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1841.