Township No.2 Stamford
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing the Township of Stamford (present day Niagara Falls), divided into lots. North is oriented to the right. The Niagara River and Niagara Falls are located at south. Chippewa Creek is borders the town to the east and leads to the Niagara River. Lots are labelled with the lot number and the landowners name. Text on the top left of the map reads: “Niagara Chain RESERVE” Papers – 1797 (or Earlier)”. "1797" is also written on the bottom left corner.Authorship: "Augustus Jones" is the author in the description which accompanied the CD-ROM. His name is not on the map. Winerals no. 671 has written: "this plan might have been made later in 1791 by Augustus Jones".Scale: [ca. 15,540]Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3624. Original map size 91 x 82 cm. Black and white copy available in the Map, Data and GIS Library at Call Number: G 3464 S78 G46 1797 J66. Paper format enlarged 200%. Reproduced from original image on the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 671.