Bridgewater Mills, 1807
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River and a section of land near the Fort Erie reserve on the British side of the river. Oriented with north to the right, as indicated by a compass arrow. Eddy and current speeds are noted on the Niagara River. Old and new ferry routes are shown from Black Rock in the United States across the river to the British side are shown. Also indicated on the British side are handwritten points of interest along the river, including various inn’s, stores, and dwellings. Mills, a dam and an old mill race are labelled. The entrance to Lake Erie is labelled to the south."Plan of the Niagara River at the entrance from Lake Erie shewing the buildings and owners along the Canadian shore near the Fort Erie Reserve."--title as found on Library and Archives Canada website.Authorship is unknown.Scale: No scale shown.Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3177Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 688.