Plan Shewing the Survey of the Military Reserve at Niagara, 1831
James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map of military reserve land in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Lake Ontario and the Niagara River are shown at the north side of the land. The map shows lots, some of which are labelled by lot number, size or landowner name. Some lots are unlabelled. Some streets are named. Buildings and military yards are shown, such as: hospital, Navy Hall, fuel yard, engineers yard and guard house. Fort George and Fort Mississauga are both located at the north side of the town close to the bodies of water. There are three portions of land labelled A, B, C. Reference text indicates these portions are reserved for military purposes. Further text next to the reference information reads as follows: “Surveyed by Order of His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor Reserve exchanged for Land at Missisauga [sic] Fort”. Relief is shown in shading.Authorship Indicated: James G. ChewettScale: 3 chains to one inch ; 1:2,376Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-22532 Original map size 25 3/4 x 38 1/4 in.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.