No. V, Upper Canada Plan of Niagara
Sir James Kempt, 1764-1854
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing the town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake), Fort George, and Fort Niagara, with Lake Ontario shown in the north and the Niagara River in the east. Handwritten text reads: “by A. Gray, Asst. Qr. Mr. Genl. Quebec 20eth Novr. 1810. This Plan is from a Trigonometrical Survey by Lieut: Gray [Sgd] Q.M. Genls Office Quebec 1st June 1811 James Kempt Q. M. Genl N. America.” The Latitude and Longitude of Fort George as well as a legend are written on the map. The map shows buildings in the town, some of which are named, including: Presbyterian Church, John Seacord’s (sic) Farm, Col. Butler’s property, an English Church and burying ground, a courthouse and prison, Indian Council House and various Inn’s. Buildings, work yards and military buildings are shown along the Niagara river. Trees, forested areas, roads, creeks and rivers are shown, most of which are not labelled. Relief is shown in shading.Authorship indicated: A. Gray, Asst. Qr. Mr. Genl., and Sir James Kempt.Scale: 100 yards to 1 inch ; [1:3,600]Digital reproduction, scan from map on the microfiche: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-19551. Black and white paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3464 N55 1810 G73.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
In the matter of the Niagara Falls park arbitration on the Sutherland Macklem case : evidence and arguement Goul, Jen (2007)Black softcover booklet, 33.5cm x 20cm, good condition, inscribed on cover "In the Matter of the Niagara Falls Park Arbitration on the Sutherland Macklem Case Evidnce and Argument"
Williams, Edie (2010-03)1 clipping in 8 pieces
Williams, Edie (2010-01)30 cm textual records 1 photograph: b & w 3 diaries